There are three opportunities to begin the program each year. For our annual academic calendar and application deadline information, please email an enrollment representative at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In a 2018 survey conducted by the Graduate Management Admission Council, 94 percent of alumni from business graduate schools said their education was personally rewarding, and 93 percent said that, knowing what they know now, they would pursue a graduate education again.
To be admitted to the Flex M.B.A. program, you must meet the following criteria:
- Hold a bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited university or college with a minimum GPA of 2.75 on a 4.0 scale
- Submit official scores on the GMAT or GRE examination. The GMAT/GRE requirement may be waived for qualified applicants. See below for details.
- Earn a minimum Index Score of 1000, which is calculated according to the following formula:
GPA x 200 + GMAT (or GRE equivalent) = 1000 or greater
Students who do not hold an undergraduate business degree must complete the following three prerequisite courses (or approved equivalents) before enrolling in the core M.B.A. curriculum or concentration electives.
We are here to help! Reach out to an enrollment representative to understand your options and learn about your degree plan and time to completion.
- The following prerequisite courses or their equivalents are necessary before enrolling in core M.B.A. courses:
- ACTG 3000 – Survey of Accounting for General Business
- BIA 6000 – Quantitative Methods Survey
- FIN 3010 – Principles of Corporate Finance
- Students may complete prerequisite courses after admission to the M.B.A. program if needed.
Official GMAT/GRE scores
GMAT scores should be sent directly from the testing provider to the Business Administration program:
Program Code for Full-Time Students: 6ZR-KJ-25
Program Code for Part-Time Students: 6ZR-KJ-52
GRE scores should be sent directly from the testing provider to MTSU:
Institution Code: 1466
Applicants who meet certain criteria may be eligible for a GMAT/GRE waiver. To be considered for a test score waiver, applicants must meet one of the following:
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with GPA 3.0 or higher.
- An earned bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university with a GPA of 2.75 or higher and 5 or more years of professional/managerial work experience. (Please submit a resume).
- An earned graduate or professional degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
Required application materials
- Completed online application
- Application fee
- Official transcripts certifying coursework from all colleges or universities attended
- Official GMAT or GRE score report (waiver available)
- Proof of English proficiency for international applicants. Exceptions may apply. Visit the international students page for information.
Pay the $50 application fee online when you submit your application.
You will need to provide official transcripts from all colleges or universities you have previously attended. The College of Graduate Studies does not accept unofficial transcripts. To be considered official, a transcript must be sent directly from the applicant’s institution to the College of Graduate Studies at MTSU.
At this time, it is preferred that all necessary transcripts come digitally. These may be sent to email@example.com.
You may also be able to order your transcripts electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment. These sites will send your transcripts directly and quickly to the College of Graduate Studies.
If your institution cannot send transcripts electronically, they can mail them to:College of Graduate Studies
Middle Tennessee State University
MTSU Box 42
Murfreesboro, TN 37132
See this page for additional information about requirements for international students.
Learn more about the Jones College Flex M.B.A. program by filling out the fields below and downloading a free brochure. You can also call us toll-free at 888-891-6780 to talk with one of our enrollment representatives.